Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 2

May 29th 2011. By the time I went to sleep at 4:00am I was already not tired anymore. I slept for about 4 hours and woke up at 8. I didn’t do much, just watched True Grit on my phone and waited for Lee. He showed up at about noon and we made some "Cowboy Coffee". We have a metal jug we filled with water, threw 7 scoops of dark roast on top and started to boil it. I've never drank this before, and was kind of sketched out. Once it boiled for a few we splashed a little cold water on the top to make the grounds fall to the bottom. After that we drank up and chatted for a few. Nastiest coffee ever. I told him I wanted some creamer, he said "Is that stuff even legal?" lol I laughed. He's got a dry sense of humor so I had to learn quick not to go day dreaming like I do and pay attention. We ate good the first day, and he showed me around the farm. He has 960 Acres, 22 horse, 1 cow, and a dog named Mud. He went to the store after showing me around and picked up some steaks for dinner and some coffee creamer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment